Cairo romance (STT120)
This day is your Cairo romantic experience – a chance to see a wide variety of what this ancient and exotic city can offer. You’ll begin with a visit to the pyramids, one of the most iconic and romantic icons of Egypt. Back in Cairo proper you’ll visit Al Azhar Park where you can enjoy a romantic stroll through the beautiful gardens and maybe a juice at the café on the hill. You will take a look at the Nilometer and the nearby beautiful buildings on Rhoda Island before heading to the Cairo Opera House and the Museum of Art. As it gets towards sunset you can enjoy a trip up Cairo Tower and a caleche ride, or, if we can’t find a caleche, a felucca ride on the Nile. Lunch along the Nile will taken where it best fits in on the day (depends a bit on traffic).
First you’ll drive to the Giza Plateau to visit the incredible pyramids and the sphinx. The pyramids are, of course, usually the first thing most people want to see when they visit Egypt. You learn about them in school and, as one of the Wonders of the Ancient World, everyone knows something about them. With your guide to show you around, you’ll learn much more. You’ll need a couple of hours here to see everything. If you want to go inside one of the pyramids or visit the Solar Boat Museum please tell your guide so that they can arrange tickets for you as these are an additional cost.
From the outskirts of Cairo you will head into the city and enjoy Al Azhar Park with its spectacular view of the Citadel and the old city. You’ll take a traditional Egyptian lunch and see some of the City’s Islamic history before enjoy a look at the iconic Opera House and art museum. Hopefully you can be at Cairo Tower around sunset to see the city light up. We’ll also fit in a caleche ride if we can find one, or a felucca ride on the Nile.
Back to your hotel in time to get ready for dinner.
Departs from your accommodation at 9.30am. Hotel pickups may commence prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Duration: around 9 – 10 hours depending on how long you would like to linger at each site and the ubiquitous Cairo traffic
This tour is available each day of the year.
All transportation by private air-conditioned vehicles
Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
Registered tour guide (who speaks either your language or English) who will assist you in making the most of your visit
Entrance fee to all sites. Some sites do not have an entrance fee but a donation is always welcome.
Food and drink unless specified
Some sites do not have entrance fees but donations are always welcome
Entrance inside a pyramid or the Solar Boat Museum
Any activity costs not mentioned in our program
Things to note:
– Walking through the older parts of Cairo and the pyramids area, while on this tour should not be a problem, can be over uneven surfaces and sensible, comfortable footwear is advised.
– Sunscreen, a hat and water are important.
– There are souvenir salesmen everywhere in Egypt and bazaar shop owners can be insistent; be polite but firm if you are not interested in purchasing. At the pyramids cameleers, sellers etc., can be persistent. Ask your guide for assistance if necessary.
– If required, wheelchair accessibility should be discussed when booking as many of these areas are not always easy with a chair or for people with disabilities. Some activities may not be available.
– Don’t forget your camera!!! Bring a spare battery and card – you’ll take far more pictures than you imagine.
– We’d like your feedback, find us on TripAdvisor at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294201-d1832932-Reviews-Nile_Wave_Travel_Day_Tours-Cairo.html
A confirmation sheet will be sent to you as soon as possible after booking with all details, including local telephone numbers for enquiries.
1 person – US$133 per person
2 – 4 people – US$93 per person
5 – 8 people – US$71 per person
9 -15 people – US$66 per person
Request a quote for 16+ people
Reduced costs for children 4-12, children 3 and under free
If you wish to book this tour please quote STT120. You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +2017 3338800.